REAL SERVICES, INC.
NOTICE OF TITLE VI COMPLIANCE
COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE VI
- REAL Services, believing in the dignity of all people, provides its programs and services without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, national origin, ancestry, familial status or status as a veteran.
- REAL Services gives notice of its policy to assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and all related statutes. Title VI requires that no person in the United States of America shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity for which REAL Services receives Federal financial assistance. To request a copy of REAL Services' Title VI policy by contacting the agency's coordinator at 800-552-2916 or TitleVI@realservices.org.
RIGHT TO FILE A COMPLAINT
- Any person who believes that they have, individually, or as a member of any group, been excluded from participation in, been denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination has the right to file a formal complaint.
PROCEDURE FOR FILING A TITLE VI COMPLAINT
- To obtain a form, contact the agency's Title VI Coordinator by calling 800-552-2916 or email TitleVI@realservices.org.
- Click here for the complaint form.
- The complaint procedures apply to the beneficiaries of REAL Services programs, activities and services.
- Information on the Title VI policy is available in other languages upon request.
REAL Services, Inc. | 1151 S. Michigan St. | South Bend, IN 46601